DonorDirect is excited to celebrate a 9-year partnership with Kids Alive International this year!
Kids Alive International is a Christ-centered mission dedicated to rescuing orphans and vulnerable children – meeting their spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs. The Kids Alive office is based in Valparaiso, Indiana and its mission has not changed for over 100 years: to rescue and redeem orphans and at-risk children.
Kids Alive reaches out to vulnerable children where they are and works to meet their unique needs. They rescue girls and boys, one at a time, out of some of the worst conditions imaginable. Many are orphans. Others are from broken homes. Some have intact families but live in such desperate poverty that their parents cannot even feed them, much less educate them or provide health care. Each child receives the treatment appropriate to his or her needs.
Kids Alive International began in 1916 in Shantung Province, China, when missionaries Leslie and Ava Anglin began taking in homeless Chinese children. From those humble beginnings, Kids Alive today has expanded worldwide, helping care for thousands of children through Residential Homes, Care Centers, and Schools.
They reach even more children through medical clinics, community outreach programs, and – in special cases – disaster relief response. Through these various ministry efforts, orphans and abandoned children are being given education, clothing, healthy food, medical care, and – most importantly – the opportunity to know and serve Christ.
To reach children globally, Kids Alive has affiliate offices in the United Kingdom and Taiwan. Kids Alive is currently reaching children in 12 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East with the redeeming love of Christ.
Empowering Families and Communities
Kids Alive believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation. They also believe in families, so they work to strengthen family units whenever possible. However, when a child’s own home is no longer a safe option, they care for them in loving, family-style homes.
Kids Alive has a vision is to empower families and communities by developing partnerships and sharing the faith, knowledge, and infrastructure that creates self-sustaining legacies of transformation. All of the children in their care were orphaned, abandoned, or abused, living on the streets, and victims of poverty, disease, or war. Kids Alive rescues these children – one at a time – and enrolls them into one of their Children’s Homes, a Care Center, or School program that is best suited to the care they need.
Ways to Help
There are many ways to get involved and support the mission of Kids Alive International:
- Sponsoring a child through Kids Alive provides you with a special opportunity to rescue a vulnerable child and provide them with safe shelter, food, education, health care, and spiritual nurture.
- Donations to Kids Alive – no matter how small or how large – helps suffering children worldwide. You can also direct your donations towards the support of their missionaries around the world.
- The Kids Alive Gift Catalog offers dozens of ways to bless vulnerable children and families by providing Bibles, animals, food, education, purchasing handmade gifts, and many other options.
- Kids Alive missionaries are men and women who love Jesus Christ and desire to use their skills, gifts, and passions to bring hope to hurting children. They are a part of teams made up of other cross-cultural missionaries and national Christian staff. They become the hands and feet of Jesus to some of the world’s most vulnerable children and use their passions and abilities to advance His kingdom on earth.
- Kids Alive also offers internship opportunities where participants are mentored by those already serving on the mission field. Every season, they send top-notch interns for variable terms to support ministries in the field.
- Kids Alive is always looking for more partners who will send Service Teams to their ministries. Your church, school, or other organization will serve vulnerable children around the globe while motivating you all to become more effective followers of Christ. While serving abroad, you’ll also have excellent opportunities to look beyond your own circumstances and recognize God at work in other countries and cultures.
Rescue At-Risk Children Today
DonorDirect is honored to come alongside Kids Alive and empower their ministry through software and services that are uniquely designed to support the wonderful work they accomplish around the world every day. If you are passionate about rescuing at-risk children, we encourage you to get to know Kids Alive International and find out how you can help!